THANKSGIVING TAKES MANY FORMS! I am not sure where I found this list because I have had it for quite a while and it is not original with me but I thought you might enjoy it while giving thanks to God is on your mind. The writer says:
* I thank God for automatic dishwashers. They make it possible to get out of the kitchen before the family comes in for their after-dinner snacks.
* I thank God for husbands who attack small repair jobs around the house. They usually make them big enough to call in professionals.
* I thank God for the bathtub -- the one place the family allows Mom some time to herself.
* I thank God for children who put away their things and clean up after themselves. They're such a joy you hate to see them go home to their own parents.
* I thank God for gardening. It's a relief to deal with dirt outside the house for a change.
* I thank God for teenagers. They give parents an opportunity to learn a second language.
* I thank God for smoke alarms. They let you know when the turkey's done.
Yes, Thanksgiving takes many forms but most of all let us thank God in all things. The Bible says, “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus,” (1Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV). With the Psalmist let us say, “We praise you, God, we praise you, for your Name is near; people tell of your wonderful deeds,” (Psalm 75:1 NIV). Even the little things of life should be opportunities to thank God.